· To determine the current clinical practices regarding the use of sedative and analgesic drugs for ventilated newborns in different countries in Europe.
· The frequency of ventilated neonates receiving sedation and analgesia in different European units
· The medications used for sedation and analgesia in ventilated neonates across Europe.
· The length of use of medications administered for sedation and analgesia in ventilated neonates
· Similarities and differences in sedation and analgesia practices among European countries
· To determine the proportion of neonatal units that have developed and implemented local written guidelines to provide continuous sedation and analgesia in ventilated newborn
infants as well as to prevent and treat procedural pain.
· To document the published guidelines for neonatal analgesia and sedation in different European countries and develop consensus for common European standards that can be applied in all medical settings.
· To determine the frequency of use of pain assessment tools in ventilated newborn infants and evaluate their impact on pain management practices.
· To determine practices to assess and prevent withdrawal syndromes.
· Variations across European countries of the proportions of units that have developed and implemented local written guidelines for sedation and analgesia in ventilated
· Identification and description of national guidelines for sedation and analgesia in neonates in all participating countries. Identification of recommended drugs